One of the biggest (and most important) differences you’ll find between us and other traditional family practices is the number of patients we see. Most family docs in Virginia routinely include 2,500 patients or more in their practices. Others around the country are even more packed- 3,000 to 4,000 patients!
With the Forest DPC, you’ll be part of an intimate family practice consisting of about 600 patients. With this solid foundation, the advantages are inevitable and plentiful.
As a member of the Forest DPC, you’ll have access to the following:
- Increased access to your doctor. After hours, weekends, holidays – you have the ability to receive excellent medical care.
- Extended, relaxed visits. You won’t feel rushed through an appointment, and there’s never a question you won’t have time to ask. Part of the relationship you’ll build with your doctor is based on your understanding of your care.
- Because we accept less patients, you will have a real relationship with your doctor. You’re a priority, and you’ll feel like one.
- Full access via technology. You’ll be able to reach your doctor and other medical information via e-mail, text, cell phone and more. The sky is the limit.
- An annual and extensive physical and educational visit. This exam will be fitted to your personal medical needs. It’s all about you and your specific goals for wellness.
- Osteopathic Manipulation Treatment (OMT) – Dr. Farrago is one of the few MDs in the country who performs OMT on a regular basis. Since his training in residency he as treated over 15,000 patients using this technique. This is free for all patents who need it but you have to be a member.
- Diagnostic and procedural benefits at no extra costs (see below).
- Wholesale labs done right in the office. We’ll pass our benefits right on down to you.
List of Covered Services
- Comprehensive Physical
- Sports/School Physicals
- Preventive Care
- Management of Chronic Illness
- Dietary/Nutritional Counseling
- Exercise Recommendations
- Osteopathic Manipulation (Back Treatment)
- Laceration Repair
- Skin Biopsies
- Need for Urgent Care Visits
- Mole Removals
- Acute Visits
- Joint Injections
- Nebulizer Treatments
- House Calls (We do make a limited number of house calls for those who are acutely ill and circumstances make it that they cannot come to the office. We do not care for totally home bound or nursing home patients.)
- Email, Text Questions
- Blood Draws
List of Uncovered Services
- Immunizations (we are working on adult immunizations but we cannot, at this time, perform pediatric immunizations due to cost. We will work with you on where to go to get them)
- Pathology Fees
- Specialist Care
- Lab Work (they are discounted very heavily, however. Some up to 90%!)
- Physical Therapy
- Surgical Procedures
- ER visits
- Radiological Studies