What is Direct Primary Care?
Direct Primary Care is affordable, accessible, comprehensive and personal primary healthcare without the interference of insurance companies, or other third parties. Using a membership model, you get incredible access to your doctor, and most services, for just a monthly fee. Forest Direct Primary Care, or Forest DPC, was the original and first of its kind in the Forest/Lynchburg, VA area. All patients are welcome! No insurance is taken or ever billed.
Monthly Membership Fees:
- Adults (single): $80 per month
- Couples: $135 per month
- Child (only when a parent is part of the practice): $30 per month.
- Family, up to a total 5 members: $165 per month.
- There is an additional charge of $10 per additional child per month after 5 members, only for kids up to age 21.
- There is an additional charge of $25 per additional child age 21-25 per month.
- One time $80 registration fee per person. Maximum $160 registration fee per family.
Why join Forest DPC?
- Do you want more time with your doctor?
- Do you want more proactive than reactive healthcare?
- Do you wish your doctor was more of a partner?
- Do you want more access to your doctor when you need it?
- Do you want to have a clear picture of your healthcare costs?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, then it is time to join Forest DPC. Plus:
- Dr. Daniel J Swartz MD has almost 20 years of experience as a board certified physician specializing in “cradle to grave” Family Medicine; he is proficient in a broad range of clinic procedures.
- Until the last few years, obstetrics was part of his practice; he was a co-editor for the Mayo Clinic Guide to a Healthy Pregnancy, 2nd Ed.
- Dr. Dan has held academic appointments at Mayo Clinic Medical School, Liberty University College of Osteopathic Medicine, University of Virginia School of Medicine, Virginia Commonwealth School of Medicine, and Lynchburg Family Medicine Residency, teaching clinical skills to medical students and residents for years.
- FOREST DPC IS IN OUR SIXTH YEAR OF OPERATION AND WE ARE DEEPLY HONORED TO HAVE BEEN AWARDED A “BEST OF LYNCHBURG” FAMILY MEDICINE CLINIC BY LYNCHBURG LIVING FOR EACH OF THOSE YEARS! MANY THANKS TO OUR PATIENTS!
PLEASE CALL US AT 434-616-2455 TO SCHEDULE A MEET-AND-GREET TO SEE IF FOREST DPC IS RIGHT FOR YOU.
What we offer more than anything else is time: time to listen, time to ask questions and explain, time to think about problems, time to return phone calls promptly, time to relay test results personally, and time to be there for you and your family when needed. How can we do this? In today’s insurance-driven medical environment, it seems like personalized medicine is available to only a few very “important” people – celebrities, the ultra-wealthy, and politicians. However, by limiting our patient numbers to about one- fourth the size of most medical clinics, we are able to provide thoughtful, caring medical attention in a comfortable, private, and unhurried setting. You will have time and unprecedented access to me as I serve as your personal physician.
Is this financially worth it for you?
We accept all patients (insured, Medicare, uninsured, etc). We just don’t bill these third parties. But just because you have insurance doesn’t mean you still don’t pay twice. Each clinic visit results in a copay and clinic visit charge. Some local clinics also charge an additional “facility fee”. Although many clinics now provide “virtual” or “tele-health” visits since the COVID-19 pandemic, each of these also incurs a fee. It is industry standard to charge separately for clinic procedures in addition to your copay, clinic visit charge, and possible facility fee. Urgent care visit charges are often higher than clinic visits. All these copays, charges and fees add up! With four visits a year you have paid the same amount as a year of our membership! In fact, the dirty little secret to health insurance is that “employees will pay an average of $2,487 in out-of-pocket costs, such as copayments, coinsurance and deductibles”. Since a one year membership for a family up to 5 costs $1,980, you may SAVE money if you have insurance and join our direct primary care practice!
- Affordable – no copays, unlimited number of visits
- Accessible – talk directly to your doctor by e-mail, text, or phone any time
- Comprehensive – “cradle to grave” care, including a wide range of office procedures – ALL INCLUDED!
- Personal – ~600 patients (both nationally and locally it’s ~2,500-3,000 patients for a primary care doctor)